Where am I now? Lawlink > Lawlink Home > About Us
Lawlink NSW is hosted by the Department of Attorney General and Justice. It is a government portal website to law and justice agencies in New South Wales. Lawlink NSW is the umbrella site to more than 40 law and justice agencies.
Help navigating Lawlink NSW
Information on Lawlink NSW is structured from a user perspective:
Left Hand (Primary) Navigation Bar
Top (Utilities) Navigation Bar
- About Us - links to this page and contains information about Lawlink NSW
- Lawlink Agencies - this section contains a list of links to law and justice agencies in NSW.
- Community Info - this section is designed for the general public looking for legal information.
- Courts & Tribunals - this section is a link to the courts and tribunals in NSW and other States.
- Legal Resources - this section is designed for the legal professionals.
- Media Centre - this section is designed to assist members of the media.
- Students' Centre - this section is designed for primary and secondary school students looking for information to assist them with legal studies.
- Contact Us - this section contains information for those wanting to contact the Department of Attorney General and Justice or the web developers of Lawlink NSW.
- Privacy - this section contains information about Lawlink's policy on privacy including how we treat information provided by users of the Lawlink NSW and its sub-sites.
- Copyright and Disclaimer - this section contains information about the copyright on information contained in Lawlink NSW as well as important disclaimers for people using the site and our policy on linking to Lawlink NSW.
- Sitemap - this section contains a list of all the corporate pages on Lawlink NSW and the Department of Attorney General and Justice's website and how they are structured.
- Feedback - this section offers users of the site to provide feedback to us on what they think of the site.
- Help - this section provides information on how to use Lawlink NSW.
- Languages - this section contains links to external sites that can provide language assistance when using Lawlink NSW and it sub-sites.
- Search - this section is a search engine. Please note the search engine is currently being revised.
Context: Lawlink NSW is functionally dominant. We have chosen not to develop a highly graphical site built using complex and advanced technologies. Instead, we have focused on the single most important aspect of any website: usability.
Colours: The site uses black text on a white background. This has high contrast, which aids readability, and also prints well.
Features: "Print this Page" is an additional feature on the new site which allows the user to produce a "printer-friendly" page which removes all background images and other paraphernalia for printing purposes.
Metadata: Lawlink NSW fully complies with the Justice Sector Metadata Standards with are based on the Australian Government Locator Service (AGLS) metadata schema. Metadata is information describing the content of a document, its location and intellectual property rights. It allows people to find informationi more effecitvely in a similar fashion to a library catalogue. More about metadata...
Flat structure: A "broad and shallow" structure has been used, allowing the user to find each page with a minimum number of clicks. Such a structure also reduces the chances of the user becoming lost.
Connectivity: Lawlink NSW is a portal site. It provides many useful links to credible legal websites.
Legal help: Now that LawAccess NSW is in operation, Lawlink NSW no longer needed to focus on providing legal assistance for members of the community. Instead, Lawlink NSW now redirects users to websites that provide specific assistance on personal legal issues.
Valid HTML: All pages on the site have been validated against the W3C HTML standard. This helps to ensure that the site works across all browsers.
Lawlink NSW averages four million page views a month and is consistently rated the second most popular legal website in Australia. It is one of the top five government websites in Australia.
Lawlink NSW is continually undergoing improvement in response to feedback from users. Please forward any comments on the site to email@example.com or fill in the site survey feedback form.