What types of datasets are you interested in?
1. Large scale datasets (updated annually)
- The Recorded Crime Dataset contains monthly LGA or postcode data on all criminal incidents recorded by NSW Police since January 1995 onward by offence type. The Ranking Dataset contains LGA information on annual criminal incidents, rates per 100,000 population and ranks for selected offences recorded by NSW Police since January 2009 onward.
- Local Government Area Excel Tables Number of recorded incidents and rate per 100,000 population, 24 and 60 month trend and Local Government Areas rankings
- The Criminal Court Statistics presents information on the characteristics of defendants dealt with by NSW criminal courts. This includes information on the offences, case outcomes and sentences associated with those defendants.
The Custody data tables presents monthly custody populations, receptions and discharges from January 2011 by age (adult vs juvenile), gender, and indigenous status.
2. Customised datasets
Customised datasets are available from BOCSAR on request. In line with our Information Service Policy, if what you are after is relatively straightforward for BOCSAR staff to prepare (ie will take less than 30 minutes to compile), it will be free of charge and will be available within 2 working days. If you are after data that is more complex to prepare (ie it will take more than 30 minutes to compile), it will incur a cost and will take up to 10 working days to prepare.
The minimum charge for data requests taking longer than 30 minutes and up to 2 hours to complete is $440 (incl GST). Data requests taking longer than two hours incur an additional charge of $220 per hour (or part thereof).
Please carefully consider what data you request because if after we have prepared specific data for you, you request changes or more data, additional costs will be charged and further compilation time will be required.
3. Specialised Excel files (update quarterly)